Re: Went to look at a '75 B today...

To: "Jim Boyd" <ISC@dcsi.net>, <Mgbreh@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Went to look at a '75 B today...
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:25:22 -0600
Excellent points. I think when it comes to seeing a car that is
"cosmetically challenged", the best thing to do is look around some more. If
you don't find anything that fits you, go back and if it's still for
sale...you can always offer. I'd say $1000 and if he doesn't bite, move on
and his mind will have changed in a month or so, especially with the cold
months upon us! Sure you don't want a CBB? ;)

Dan

>Hey Listers:
>
>When seeking a project car, I always try to find the car with the best
>cosmetics, i.e., paint and interior.  Unless you are adept at paint and
>bodywork, these can run into big bucks very quickly.  Even if you possess
>these skills, many parts of the country are making it increasingly
>difficult to apply your own paint.  Ideally maybe you can rent a paint
>booth for a day or so.
>
>On the other hand, rebuilding the mechanicals are pretty straightforward.
>The MGB engine is just a glorified tractor motor with tried and true
>engineering of 30+ years!

SNIP