Re: Them squeaky squealy brakes...

To: "Tab Julius" <tab@penworks.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Them squeaky squealy brakes...
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 08:58:21 -0000
Applying a very small amount of brake grease to every metal-to-metal contact
points helps a great deal, but there are some pad materials that you just
cannot fix this way.  Speaking of pad materials, some also deposit a black
dust on the front wheels that is very difficult to shift if it has gone
through a couple of heat/wet/cold/dry cycles - I have to use Autosol -
whereas others just seem to make the front wheels hardly any dirtier than
the back, it is a lighter colour, and it washes off with a hose brush.

PaulH.