RE: Snug-Top help

To: Speedo79@aol.com
Subject: RE: Snug-Top help
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 11:09:20 -0800
Steve:

        The Snugtop used a long piece of soft seal that went all the way
around the back, sides and front.  The seal was a very basic x-section, L
shaped with the long leg about 2 inchs, and the short leg about 3/4".  At
least that is what I recall.  I had a new seal kit that came with the
hardtop on Dick Criswell's 80 LE MGB.  The seal looked very generic, Metro
rubber may be your best bet if you can come up with a piece of undamaged
seal.  The Snugtop seal was not the best design in the world, so it's
possible to improve upon it.

        I don't know if stock front hold downs will work on the Snugtop.
The factory top hold downs look like cvt ones, only shorter to clear the
liner.

Kelvin.