Re: Snug-Top help

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Snug-Top help
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 14:41:00 -0800
I have an aging SnugTop, as well. I don't have a source for the seals,
but I would think that any generic rubber seal of roughly the correct
dimensions would work for the front and back weatherstripping. The side
window one is more specialized. Try the J. C. Whitney catalog. Since you
don't have any seals for a model, I could draw the profile with some
dimensions and send it so you'd know what you're looking for. I always
assumed the front (windshield header) clamps were the same as the soft
top clamps (or somebody's soft top clamps), so you could get them from
the usual suppliers.

As for rollover protection, I wouldn't count on it. It seems unlikely
that it could support the weight of the car, much less an impact. But I
suppose if you went over "easy" enough not to shatter it instantly, it
would at least keep your the top of your head from scraping on the
asphalt.

Speedo79@aol.com had this to say:

--

Max Heim