Re: Catalogs: Was Moss/Roadster Factory

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Catalogs: Was Moss/Roadster Factory
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 16:39:14 EST
Tony,

I have bought quite a few parts from The Proper MG...they have great kits:
front disk brake kit, rear drum brake kit, weather seal kit, etc.

They have some good prices, especially in their seasonal sale specials or on
their web specials; however, I wouldn't order from them if I were in a hurry.
 I being on the West coast, and they being in Massachusetts, it takes a GOOD
three weeks to receive shipment (the shipping date/credit card transaction
date is sometimes a week after I phoned in my order) unless you pay an
arm-and-a-leg for "air" or "priority" shipping.  Even the standard shipping
prices are sometimes exorbitant due to being based on price (a $100 part
costs $16.50 in ground service shipping, regardless if it's a four-ounce
light switch or a fifty pound body panel).  Moss, I believe, charges actual
shipping charges plus a base handling fee.

All-in-all, Tony, I would say compare all your options and go from there.  I
haven't had any trouble with their quality or service, so I would patronize
them again.

Again, your mileage may vary (perhaps in direct proportion to the distance
from Georgetown, MA).

Good luck,
Steve Sanchez