Re: MGB Door Crack

To: Steve Murphy <k8vo@flyingbeers.org>
Subject: Re: MGB Door Crack
From: Bob Hill <oldcars@newt.vallnet.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 15:50:23 -0600 (EST)
Yep you have been hit with the crack of doom.  What causes it?  Poor metal
structure at the bottom of the vent window which tends to bend each time
the door is shut (vibration actually).  What we did with mine was wled a
small piece of steel on the inside of the door at the crack and this
seemed to give it a lot more structure.  If you have mirrors on both sides
(which you should), I woudl go ahead and pull the panel off the otehr side
and have a piece welded there as well.

Good Luck

Bob

79 MGB