Re: any transmission gurus out there?

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: any transmission gurus out there?
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 21:31:44 -0700
I'm not a transmission guru, but I do know they aren't the easiest thing to
work on.  The overdrive versions especially, because the tailshaft goes into
another gearbox (the overdrive) and is therefore harder to pull apart.  I just
pulled my 3 synchro OD box today, and am tearing into it.  Third is shot,
second is weak, and reverse is weak.  Haven't decided if I can take care of it
myself or not (I just got it out today, haven't opened it up), or take it to a
friend/british car mechanic in Arco, Idaho (some 30 miles out of the way for
me).

Good Luck!
Phil Bates
Idaho Falls, ID