Re: Determining if car has O/D

To: Bob Hill <oldcars@newt.vallnet.com>
Subject: Re: Determining if car has O/D
From: Jerry K <JKProd@triton.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 15:19:07 -0500
Bob,
In reading your question, are you wanting to know if one of your cars
originally came with O/D or are you looking at another MG.  Switches, decals,
vin, holes in the dash, all equal spit if you want to know if a car "has"
O/D.  the only way to be sure is to crawl under and look, it may not function,
but you have it.

I bought my O/D trans. for $150.  It came in a large box with wheels (complete
original 1974.5 roadster, no keys, no front drivers floor but clean title).

Preserving the "B"reed
Jerry K

1974.5 MGB      non O/D       Driver
1974.5 MGB      non O/D       undergoing surgery
1974.5 MGB      O/D             it's here, never did try to start it
1974.5 MGBGT  non O/D      just had to have a GT