Re: Fw: Going to look at a '71 B tomorrow

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Going to look at a '71 B tomorrow
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 17:18:53 EST
In a message dated 12/18/1999 1:37:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
REwald9535@aol.com writes:

<< Now I haven't been to the tire store today, but I will be
 willing to bet that at 215/45/17 is wider, and has a larger contact patch
 (square inches) than a 185/75/14, yet they will have the same outer
diameter. >>

My point exactly, about real world differences in tires.  They are the same
outside diameter, but the lower sidewall makes it stiffer so the area of the
contact patch changes from the mathematical formula.  Ain't physics neat!

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport