Re: Mig Welders

To: Vallely <code5@banet.net>
Subject: Re: Mig Welders
From: Elliott DeGraff <degraff@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 15:58:25 -0500
Well, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Hobart Handler 175, 220
volt MIG welder from Roberts Oxygen (Mid-Atlantic chain of welding
stores) on special at $565.  The consensus seemed to be that the
low?-cost, low end welders had barely enough oomph to do the job, and
the next step up, such as the Lincoln SP-125-Plus would cost more than
the Hobart, by the time I added the gas regulator and hose.  Since I
have 220 volts available where I plan to do the welding, the decision
was obvious.  Thanks for all the help and advice.  I'll let you know how
it goes as I start cutting out rust and replacing it with metal.