Re: MGB Piston Rings

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>, mglist <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Piston Rings
From: Frank Krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:25:37 -0500
Make certain you have cleaned the ring grooves completely and there is no
carbon still residing in there. You can buy a tool made just for this purpose
or you can snap one of the removed rings (hopefully one you won't have to reuse
when you break a new one!). Use the ring you just snapped as your tool to
thoroughly clean the "lands" or grooves in which the rings seat. Carbon
deposits in those same grooves will prevent proper seating/installation. Hope
it helps.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski