Tech/mech Overdrive Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tech/mech Overdrive Question
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 08:16:29 -0700
My 3-synchro overdrive gearbox is pretty much disfunctional.  I took it
out to overhaul it.  The OD is fine, it is the gearbox portion that is
bad (layshaft, laygear, and some others).  Anyhow, I am trying to
separate the gearbox section from the intermediate housing and OD so
that I can dismantle it.  It is loose, but something holds them together
when pulled to about 1 inch apart.  Anyone have knowlege of what I
didn't get removed or loosened, I can't seem to see where the issue is.

Thanks!
Phil Bates