Re: Miscellaneous Failings

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: Miscellaneous Failings
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 21:05:49
At 12:41 PM 12/28/99 -0800, Max Heim wrote:

>Neil Cotty had this to say:
>>.... I also replaced the felt pieces in the steering column. .... Well
>>now the column hardly moves. ....

>Ummm, I think early Bs used a similar felt packing, but the later ones
used a nylon bush which can be substituted in the earlier cars. .... I
wonder if this nylon bush can be substituted in the MGA column?

>Barney?

Hey, I wouldn't know, haven't tried it.  I replaced the felt pieces 155,000
miles back (with some considerable effort) and haven't had any problem with
them since.  Udderwize, I dunno nuttin bout no MGB.  Duh?

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg