Re: Title/Plates Cost [OT rant]

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: Title/Plates Cost [OT rant]
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 08:15:52 -0600
At 12:40 PM -0800 12/29/99, Max Heim wrote:
>This is exactly what I was ranting about! A f***ing $35 rebate doesn't do
>you or me a damn bit of good -- just goes for pizza and beer. But the
>total revenue loss to the state is $millions (or billions in CA), meaning
>services are cut back and the quality of life goes down for everyone. Yet
>the bloody politicians do it again and again, so they can claim they "cut
>taxes" during their administration. And the stupid media let them get
>away with these completely misleading statements... don't get me
>started...
>
>OK, I'll shut up now...
>
>Max

It has more to do with us stupid voters. We have been willing, for
the past 20 years to have someone tell us it is our money, so they
need to cut taxes. We never say wait a minute. Just where are we
going to spend less, and what will it cost us in the long run?

There is a cost for everything. In driving lbcs we must pay for parts
and to maintain the licence and insurance. It is the cost that, for
us, gives a great return. Likewise, we must pay to maintain a civil
society with domestic tranquility such we have good safe roads to
drive on. After all, with the exception of the Land Rover, lbcs are
not particularly adept off road vehicles.

When we, through our patronage, require that the media actually
investigate what they report, and require that politicians tell us
what the cost is in terms of what we pay and what we get if we are to
give them our vote it will get better. Otherwise we get what we
deserve. We did elect the turkeys! Rant mode off.

Bob Shaw
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/
My British Car is NOT leaky - it's merely marking its territory.