Re: the ideal mga 1500 engine include...

To: PAINTRIX@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: the ideal mga 1500 engine include...
From: LBCarCoMail@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 00:36:33 EST
Steve,

Just as a FYI I have the ignitor in all three of my MG's.  I love it!  I find
cars run better, starts better, and the timing should never change unless you
change it or the dizzy moves;)  Also if your dizzy has a slight wobble the
Hall effect does not notice it as a points set up would.  There are also
other benefits to it as well.  I have had one in my A for 4 years, B, 3 years
and Maggie only a month ;)  BTW I stock them and most likely they are going
up in price on 1/5 slightly..

As far as the shroud, from what I have seen the plastic one that Moss (or
LBCarCo and others carry)  tends to fit better and is more compact.  Just
keep in mind the shroud will pretty much only give you some benefit in heavy
traffic or when stopped.  I had one on my old MGA and when I sat at a light
or in traffic my temp went down about 10 degrees with the shroud in place.
It was funny watching the gauge drop.  My new MGA has the shroud, but the car
runs cool enough anyway.

Best regards and Happy New Year.

Jeff Zorn
Little British Car Co., Ltd.
Visit us on the web
www.LBCarCo.com

<< Subj:     the ideal mga 1500 engine include...