Midget spring - I found the identifier!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Midget spring - I found the identifier!
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 00:20:35 -0500
Well I found a way to tell if you have the right springs for
you Midget.
OEM part number AHA8093 is for a CB 1275 (and earlier ?)
part number CHA493 is for the 1500.
British Spring... as someone mentioned,  now supplies the springs
to the big three distributors (whether still in business or not).

Problem is...British Spring is NOT the original OEM supplier
Cocker (Corker?) Spring was .
It's stamped right into the metal on the leaf near the center of
the springs.

Even after all this.... the springs I just finished mounting....
labeled AHA8093 (painted on them)
did exactly what I feared! Even with a 1/2" lowering kit
installed as these were installed tonight, the rear end is sitting up
1/2" higher than it was before.  F%^&^&#@$%#@$    VB!

I'll lay odds VB painted that number on them themselves!

Now, tell me why a 1" lower spring is $40 Dollars more then
the stock spring. Who wants to bet that the AHA8093 (the real ones anyway)
are the ones they are selling as the lowered spring!

(...can you tell I'm a bit pissed off!)

Paul Tegler   wizardz@toad.net     http://www.teglerizer.com
1973 MGBGT - daily driver
 http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm