Re: Another one bites the dust

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, douglas wilson <dfwilson@netcom.ca>
Subject: Re: Another one bites the dust
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:15:34 -0800
On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 04:52:19PM -0800, Dodd, Kelvin wrote:
>       Let's see.  I started building my V6 MGB GT in 1983.  The main
> reason I am junking it is that I never got it finished.  Put jillions of
> miles on it, but the heater still doesn't work and the dash top never did
> get covered.  It's got to go as I have put oodles of time into it lately and
> it still ain't right.  Better to start over with a clean bare shell and a
> V8, which is what I originally wanted to do.

Will you be using a rover/buick V8?  Or a modern, lighter, more powerfull
engine out of a rice rocket?

>       Yes, I'm lucky.  I have an adequate supply of Motrin, and the use of
> a hot tub that is on loan to me.   And my dog loves me.
>
>       Did I mention my girlfriend lives 300 miles away and when she comes
> to visit mows the lawn  "so I can have more time to work on the cars".
She's smart enough to live someplace where you don't mow redwoods.

> Kelvin.   It's 5pm and time to drive 1 hour home and climb on the roof
> again.
>
>       BTW.  I am looking forward to meeting many more of you folks this
> year.

Kelvin,

  Why not kill two birds with one stone?  Have a barn (garage) raising.
Pick a weekend and offer beer, pizza and carparts to anyone that shows up
to help you put up your carport.  Since it never rains in Southern California,
weather shouldn't be a problem.  I'm sure some of the right coast folks would
love an excuse to get out of the snow.

You do it right, and you could probably Tom Sawyer people into dissassembling
your parts cars in the process: "sure you can have the left framminstaff
from my '57 Vauxhaul Vengence...."

  Larry Sawyer^H^H^H^H^H^HColen