Re: need a title

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: need a title
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 23:59:35 -0400
Well, my experience here in Virginia was different.  Some PPPO had scrapped
the title on my '67 GT.  I had only a DMV receipt for same, dated 1986.
The local DMV clerk told me that once scrapped, a title cannot be
resurrected.  The manager of the local DMV told me likewise.  With nothing
left to lose, I wrote to the DMV at our state capitol in Richmond.  Three
days later I got a call from them: certainly they could issue a new title -
the only caveat being it would be in the name of the last owner of record.
No problem... I called the guy and he signed it over to me.

Moral: don't give up just because a local DMV office says it can't be done.

Allen

>From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
>
>Why not just contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles (or
>equivalent) and ask them?  No need to pay some third-party company.
>
>If you live in a city with a very busy DMV, then call some DMV office in
>some out-of-the-way little burb where it's not so busy.  The state rules
>would be the same.
>
>- Tab
>
>>>                 Does anyone know anything about getting a title for a car?
>>> I have heard about a salvage title, but I understand you must already
>have a
>>> title in hand before getting this.
>>>                 Thanks,
>>>                 Robert
>>>                 79 MGB

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
         49 YT, 57 ZB, 58 ZB, 65 B, 67 BGT, 73 B, 73BGT, 76 B, &...
         New Castle, VA 24127
         USA
         540/544-7333