No start, '71 B

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: No start, '71 B
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:21:54 -0500
My new to me '71 B arrived via flatbed yesterday (had shipped due to suspect
brakes). The car ran OK when I purchased it a couple of weeks ago, even
though it had a dead battery. Put a new battery in it, and it cranks OK, but
will not start, sputter, etc. Checked the fuel pump, and it is OK (pulled
hose at carbs and it delivers fuel). Looks like I have an ignition problem,
so I cleaned all the contact on the ignition coil and on outside of
distributor, pulled and checked plug wires, etc. Still no difference. Was
looking for a good way to find out what is the problem at this point, before
opening up the distributor, etc. Any BTDT's appreciated. TIA.

Craig
'71 B (sitting in the street)