Re: LBCs in the snow

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LBCs in the snow
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:08:13 -0500
Allen said:

>In LBC news, I have never had a problem driving any of my sports
>cars in the snow.  I don't know if I drive differently in them or if they
>really are superior in the snow.  Anyone else want to share their
>experience out there?

I actually am resisting the urge to get the Midget out into the snow,
because all of the local roads have been heavily salted, and I wouldn't want
the car to dissolve into a pool of rust while I'm driving it.

But I did glance through a copy of the J C Whitney catalog today, and I
noticed that there is a thick rubber "fender flare" available for small
trucks that keeps road debris and water from splattering against the wheel
wells, thus protecting these vulnerable areas.  They seem to mount against
the side of the fender, and not directly against the actual metal, thus
allowing for moisture to drain.  This sounds like a better setup than the
undercoating panels, and I wondered if anyone knows of a similar product for
LBCs that would protect the wheel well.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget