Re: Your Cars

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Your Cars
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:40:29 -0800
A very short list for a lifelong car nut (an armchair car nut?)...

1967 Dodge Dart GT hardtop, 1980-83 (known as the "Dodge Dent", bought
from my pal Ron's college roommate, later passed on to Ron, notorious for
extremely vague steering and plethora of battle scars -- was eventually
stolen (!) off the street in SF, apparently by a blind person)

1967 Plymouth Barracuda fastback, 1982-present (bought from my father
after I wrecked it -- long since fixed up but languishing due to complex
rear axle/brake problem)

1966 MGB roadster, 1988-present (you've heard all about it, ad nauseam)

That's all, folks!

Can I pad it out with my wife's cars? Since before we were married...

1967 Plymouth Barracuda fastback, 1978-83? (yeah, that's what attracted
me in the first place; later sold to my housemate and totalled in a
head-on with a Triumph Spitfire -- you don't even want to know about the
Spitfire)

1972 Honda Z600 Coupe, 1982-84? (the bright orange buzz bomb, 600cc of
aircooled cacophony -- an undernourished Mini on speed). Still regret she
sold it.

1974 AMC Hornet, 1985-86? (bought from my housemate's girlfriend against
my advice -- a miserable disaster that mercifully expired)

1970 Honda 600 Sedan, 1986-99 (an attempt to recapture the magic, but not
in nearly as good a condition -- it just "plumb wore out")

1995 Geo Metro hatchback, 1999-present. This 3-banger is the "real" car
in our household.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149