Re: double / single clutch

To: "Skye Poier" <skye@ffwd.com>, "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: double / single clutch
From: "David Hill" <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:55:57 -0000
Hello, Skye.

IMO, single clutching is essential to the well-being of the synchro cones.
You are giving them an easy life by matching the revs of the engine to the
requirements of the new gear ratio.

BTW, I've found that dipping the clutch when coming out of O/D seems to put
less 'shunting' strain on the trans than simply switching out directly. Any
thoughts?

Dave Hill.