Re: double / single clutch

To: "British Sportscar Center" <mgpa@calweb.com>,
Subject: Re: double / single clutch
From: ya632@victoria.tc.ca (Paul Nelson)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 19:15:55 -0800
At 15:40 1/27/00 -0800, British Sportscar Center wrote:
>Hmmm, David, now there's a puzzling statement! Double-clutching is the
>technique where one blips the throttle as one passes through neutral to
>match the revs of the lower gear, so I believe you've got it
>backwards...........

        Sorry, but this doesn't make sense at all to me.  How can it be
double clutching unless you engage the clutch twice?  I accelerate during
the time in neutral when the clutch pedal is out.  That's the way I learned
it, anyway.
        Works on shifting from first to second in an old Land Rover with
only 3rd and 4th synchro, without the acceleration but a pause for the
gears to slow down to match the higher gear.
Paul Nelson