Door lock and ignition keys

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Door lock and ignition keys
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 21:01:49 -0400
On a '77 B, the two keys are not just different - they are very different.
I presume you have the ignition key.  The door key fits the boot also.
There is a third key for the glovebox - but it's almost always missing.  If
you try out door keys from about 20 friend's MGBs, I'm willing to bet
you'll find one that fits!

Allen

>From: "M. Edwin Vaughan" <edvaughan@juno.com>
>
>Hello All,
>
>I own a '77 B and I am wondering if the door lock key and ignition key
>are supposed to be seperate or is one key supposed to do both functions?

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
         49 YT, 57 ZB, 58 ZB, 65 B, 67 BGT, 73 B, 73BGT, 76 B, &...
         New Castle, VA 24127
         USA
         540/544-7333