Re: Door lock and ignition keys

To: "Richard Reynolds" <richard.reynolds@bmpddb.com>, <Ajhsys@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Door lock and ignition keys
From: "David Hill" <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:22:03 -0000
Hi, Richard.

Two things:

First, I too had thought of leaving a key in the glovebox but what would
happen in the event of a bump? The key sits vertically when the glovebox is
locked, which strikes me as an ideal recipe for a bad frontal bone injury.
On the basis your passenger wouldn't like to be a unicorn, I'd make another
arrangement-perhaps by moulding/aralditing a circular knob onto an extra
key.

Second, putting a hidden switch into the fuel pump supply wire is an old
dodge against thieves. The good news is that your car will start but will
only run for a short while-time enough to strand the villian-hopefully
somewhere awkward. Personally, I'd use a connection between the door handle
and the National Grid but that's not legal.

Cheers

Dave H.