MGB movie sighting in "Girl Interrupted"

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB movie sighting in "Girl Interrupted"
From: Marshall L Dixon <mldixon@planetcable.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 01:51:50 -0500
Hi all, I've been lurking on the list for the past year or so and thought I
would add a MG movie sighting.

MGB has a cameo in "Girl, Interrupted " with Winona Ryder.

Ok,  it's only one camera angle of one scene and it only shows the trunk
(boot) and half of the tonneau. But it's my car.

Mid movie, the Winona Ryder and Jared Leto ("Prefontaine" also with a MGB in
it) characters are talking in a parking lot and in an over head shot the
back of my maroon B fills (at least in my eyes) the upper right corner of
the screen.

Most of the shots with the B in them where cut as well as most of the car
shots that where filmed. I use to work in the bizz in LA and a good friend
of mine was Picture Car Coordinator. It was filmed entirely in Harrisburg
(PA) near home, mostly on the ground of the state hospital. So I worked on
the big car days and drove the B. Hey, I can juggle schedule and I
negotiated a very good daily rate plus the B rented every day I was there -
that more then paid for my buying Paul's wrecked YB as a parts car later
last summer. I've had other cars that where on camera but most of them I
bought from the production company after the filming was rapped  and this is
the first one I cared about - the car that is not the movie.

Now for the observant MG'ers
-The scene takes place in '68 and my B is a '72
-Mass. Prop tags  cover my Pa tags
-Its not a late '60's or even a '72 color- I just couldn't live with the  -
full diaper yellow color.