Remove rocker switches on 72 B

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Remove rocker switches on 72 B
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:14:16 -0800
Larry,

I replaced the headlight switch on my 72 B not long ago, need to replace the
heater fan switch also (soon as I get a new one).  The shop manual describes
a tool 18G 1145, which is probably impossible to get.  The switches have
tabs that need to be pressed in from the back of the switch in order for the
switch to be removed from the front of the dash.  I was able to do it with a
small screw driver pressing in each tab and pushing the switch toward the
front to hold the tabs in.  There are 4 tabs, two to a side on the headlight
switch and I suspect the same on the others.  You might be able to make the
tool, it is a three sided tool that looks like an open ended wrench with no
handle that is the same size as the back of the switch.  You press it on and
it depresses the tabs so that you can push the switch through the dash.  I
believe there are two sizes depending on the switch.

Good luck.  Let me know how you do as I have to do it again with my heater
fan switch.  I think I caused floods and lightning last time trying to get
my hands behind the dash with a mirror and flashlight to see what I was
doing.  The manual says that you have to remove the heater air control
before you can remove the heater fan switch.

Dave