Re: Flat batteries again.

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Flat batteries again.
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 13:53:58 +1100
Paul,

> The light should, well, light when first turning on the ignition and
before
> the engine is started, has it stopped doing this as well?

Yep dead as a dodo. It doesn't come on at all, but it used to when the
ignition was switched on. I guess I should put the meter on the batteries
when the car is running and note the voltage there. I haven't done this, and
a bit difficult now with flat batteries! <G> Is the lack of a light an
indicator of problems? Everything else on the car is working fine when the
batteries aren't flat. God I'm an electrical bunny. Some day I have to sit
down and learn about electrics. Can anyone recommend a book? I think
schematics are a bit too much for me when I don't even understand the
basics.

Cheers,
Neil.