Re: Battery Size information needed. HELP!

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery Size information needed. HELP!
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 01:27:37 EST
In a message dated 02/05/2000 6:39:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mvheim@studiolimage.com writes:

> I didn't suppose he was referring to battery post contact to body
>  (although that is a possibility), but to an electrical short elsewhere in
>  the system which could cause a conflagration, in response to which one
>  would wish to quickly disconnect the battery ground cable.

If you do not have a battery hold down that secures the battery in a fixed
position you run a great risk.  Hit a bump and the battery can be thrown
upward.  If the non-grounded terminal contacts the body, you will get a quick
lesson in arc welding.  A battery cut off switch won't help in this case as
the switch will be installed downstream of the short to ground.
Use hold downs they are important.
Rick Ewald