Re: Battery Not Charging

To: FlynShoot@aol.com
Subject: Re: Battery Not Charging
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 08:58:15 -0700 (MST)
On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 FlynShoot@aol.com wrote:

> 9. I added an additional grounding strap that made absolutely no difference.

Are you sure the grounding strap is making a good ground?  Tight, clean,
rust free, paint free connections at both ends?  If not, fix this first.
The suggestion to check battery voltage with car running and not running
was a good idea.  Does this car have an external voltage regulator?  These
can cause odd things to happen if they're not working correctly.  (Mine
fried the generator when it stuck and kept the field coils energized.)
You might also want to pull the alternator out and take it to AutoZone or
the like for a free test.

> BTW, the car is no longer for sale. After reconsideration and many notes
> saying that I would regret it later, I have decided to keep it. And she shows
> me her gratitude by with this problem. MGB's are cruel mistresses.

Congratulations on making the right decision!

--
Kevin Sullivan             kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.       www.khoral.com/staff/kevins/mgstuff

1960 MGA           "Baby"