Re: Battery Not Charging

To: <FlynShoot@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Battery Not Charging
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:00:26 -0000
Point 7.  "At no point does the ignition light come on."  You really
shouldn't have left this, the ignition warning light is a vital warning of
charge failure and fan-belt failure.

It sounds like the alt simply isn't charging, which a working ignition
warning light would have told you.  Did I mention that?

Point 11.  This sounds like bad connection(s) in the green circuit - the
usual place to start is cleaning the fuses and holders - but could also be
in the white or brown circuits.  Put a voltmeter (analogue, a digital may
not latch with varying voltages) at various points on the above circuits and
observe the voltage swing when the flashers flash.  If some points (e.g. the
green circuit at the fuseblock) show a significantly larger swing than
others (e.g. the brown circuit at the fuseblock) then the bad connection is
somewhere between the two.  In this case check the white circuit at the
fuseblock.  If that is OK then the fuse or holder is the problem.  Bear in
mind that the holder is rivetted to the spades and hidden corrosion can
occur here as well as on the visible parts.  If the white is also bad than
it could be the ignition switch, etc.

PaulH.