Re: Poetry and Proper Name....

To: neilc@apphosting.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Poetry and Proper Name....
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:41:34 EST
In a message dated 3/14/00 7:44:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
neilc@apphosting.com writes:

<< > Okay, the tally stands at - Tourer: 3  Roadster: 2. Interestingly

 I'm pretty sure that MG's owners handbook, refers to the MGB as a Tourer. I
 go with MG. <G> From memory, the handbook for the A refers to it as a
 Roadster. I always thought that a roadster had no fixed windows ie
 sidescreens, and a tourer had wind up windows. A drophead  - AFAIK - refers
 to a car with wind up windows and a different type of collapseable hood that
 does not packaway from sight - ie a Tickford T type or a SA Tickford etc.
 Perhaps one of our T type owners can give us the correct info on that. :) >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In my dictionary a Roadster is "an open car without rear seats."

A Touring Car (closest I could find) is "an early style of large open
automobile with room for at least five passengers and luggage."

Being an American dictionary, drophead was not listed.  I know that Jaguar
called the non-coupe E-Type a drophead.

I'd go with roadster for a B.

Just my 2 cents, but didn't we have this discussion last year?

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport