Re: Poetry and Proper Name....

To: Gordon Bird <gb@the-bdc.com>
Subject: Re: Poetry and Proper Name....
From: Dan DiBiase <dibiase@home.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 21:26:25 -0500
Didn't they supposedly use the exhaust note from an MGB when they tuned
the exhaust system of the Miata? It seems to me I recall reading a
detailed article on the development of the Miata (back when it was still
called the MX-5 Miata) and it stuck in my mind that they apparently
tried a bunch of different 'exhaust notes' before finding the right
one... Guess thats the difference between the Japanese and the British -
the former will develop and develop until they get exactly what they
want, while the British just seem to have the magic touch and find it
right off!! Different means to the same ends, I suppose....

Dan D
Dayton, NJ
76 MGB Tourer (with a cool exhaust note)