Re: V8/MGF Importing

To: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Subject: Re: V8/MGF Importing
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:00:48 -0600
Skye Poier wrote:

> Word on the street is that Paul Hunt said:
> > Like I say, the factory V8 was never crash or emissions tested for North
> > America but it hasn't stopped people there obtaining one and using it on the
> > public road.
>
> Really?  Huh thats weird.  I thought the factory V8 was sold new here.
> Maybe the owners fudge a bit and insure them under "MGB"?
>
> Skye
>
> --
> 1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
> The MGB Experience   http://www.mgb.bc.ca/   (_o____o_)

     Fudging on the insurance is a bit risky.  In the event you had a claim on a
"gray market" car you could be in for a real problem.  In my opinion (and it's
strictly MY opinion) insurance companies go out of their way to avoid paying
claims.  That's how they build gleaming chrome and glass buildings by not giving
the money back.  There is no sense in handing them a gimme.  I had enough
trouble
insuring a MG V8 conversion and I went about it by being upfront and honest.
     I have seen three factory V8 cars in the US.  I don't know how they got
here
or how they are insured but that is the owner's problem, I guess.  No sense in
poking the tiger in the cage.

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO