RE: no-LBC content: gas prices, a rant, and an idea

To: John Steczkowski <stecz@Crossroads.com>
Subject: RE: no-LBC content: gas prices, a rant, and an idea
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 20:12:51 -0700 (MST)
John,
I agree with you on the point that some use thier SUVs. I admit I
own a cherokee, small by comparison but SUV non the less.  I would say,
however, that only a small percentage ever use them for anything near
capacity.  Take PU trucks as an example, they have been around for quite
some time in varying numbers, but not until they became trendy did they
start showing up in volumes.  If the people that didn't need SUVs and PUs
drove more realistic cars, then probably 70% of them would be removed from
the streets.  It used to be that cars like BMW and Jag were status
symbols, now it appears that SUVs are.  If we could change this back the
roads would be a lot less scary. IMO, of course

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT rust free and burnt orange
'63 Buick 215