RE: no-LBC content: gas prices, a rant, and an idea

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: no-LBC content: gas prices, a rant, and an idea
From: DOUGLAS_RUSSELL@nyc.yr.com
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:34:48 -0500
Attaboy John - well said.  I also have a Suburban, spouse, 4 kids (with one
more about to get the shock of his/her life in about three weeks - she's
due April 26th!)  and luggage.  We use to have a Big Wagon (Caprice
Classic) but needed to string along a trailer for luggage to avoid the hit
on MPG that comes with roofing the luggage.  The best minivan we had was
the All-Wheel-Drive Ford Aerostar which seated 8 and still had 3 feet of
luggage space behind the rear seat - but they stopped making them - besides
it's real hard to be 'cool in a big minivan and they were truly butt ugly.

Let's face it.  We have no choice.  A Suburban is just about the only thing
we can purchase to transport our families in reasonable comfort and safety
- something I'm sure all of the overly planned dual income dual kid types
would insist on.  To suggest that we be penalized for having large families
is vile, pernicious dogma that is narrow minded, pigheaded, and
discriminatory - at best!  So for those who would selfishly deny others
what you would want for yourself, open your eyes and consider the other
side of the story before you start zipping off such hateful drivel about us
Suburban types.

Now, pickup trucks are something completely different.  Hell, they waste 6
to 8 feet of highway space sitting in front of what amounts to a big empty
onboard wheelbarrow that they sometimes even pay extra to cover up -
sheeesh! - give me a break.

>From the author of "Big tires, little penis" ,

Dr. Doug

I'm on the digest so if anyone has already mentioned this, never mind.

The suburban is