RE: no-LBC content: gas prices, a rant, and an idea and now, more

To: "'Robert Alan Reisse'" <rareisse@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: no-LBC content: gas prices, a rant, and an idea and now, more
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:07:07 -0800

>At one point all cars had to have their bumpers and lights within specific
ranges for the protection of all.  SUV's and Trucks certainly have voided
that idea to the peril of the rest of us.

I am sick and tired of driving average vehicles and being blinded by the
lights of some SUV or pick up that are at my eye height and are bearing
down on me.

Maybe someday the regulators will act up and require some modifications to
these gas guzzling behemoths and we can again have a sane set of vehicles
on the roads.<

Bob:

        The last time the regulators stepped in, the nimble MGB became a
characture.  Be careful what you wish for.  One way to solve the problem
would be to ban all vehicles from the road without modern safety devices.
What's this?  Your car does not have head restraints, passive safety devices
or ABS?  Boom, No more street registration for you!  You may request a one
day excemption to drive your exhibit on the road in a parade.

        Legislation is a two edged sword.  The people who wield it, are
those with money and power.  Nowadays many of them are driving SUVs and
talking on cell phones.

Kelvin.

        At least my MGB was rear ended by a VW bus, driven by a cute young
thing.