215 buick in a '77 mgb

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 215 buick in a '77 mgb
From: "Ted Stowe" <cessna@speakeasy.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:23:47 -0800
howdy.

a question for you mgb v8 owners.

I am buying a 215 buick engine, and I guess a T5.

however I am intreguied by the fact that mg used the existing trans with OD,
(which I have), however a different rear end ratio.

it would seem to me that buying new gears for my existing rear and buying an
adapter for my existing trans/od, would be a possible way to go with this.
this is a stock 215 more or less, not a stroker, I might put a mild cam in
it. I don't jitterbug at stop lights either.

I see or hear about trans examples from everything from a 700r4, th350 to a
t-10, how do you fit a 700r4 in there ?

anyway I know that the existing trans is certainly not bullet proof like a
t5 would be, but it seems a whole lot easier

anyone have a 215 flywheel for sale ?

thanks, Ted