Re: Tube shock conv.

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, mvheim@studiolimage.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tube shock conv.
From: Dan Dwelley <ddwelley@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:19:36 -0700 (PDT)
If you go to ...I think...Spridgetech Inc. They have a front and rear kit
for the Midget that utilizes the Lever arm shock mounting points. I think
the price was something like $400 for the front kit and $200 for the rear
kit. Looked well thought out (Saw it at Carlisle last year next to the Red
Midget that looked like a Porche). I've never bought them so I have no idea
outside of looking at the setup at Carlisle.

No personal interest and all of the rest of the disclaimer stuff.

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:38:14 EDT, Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

>  Just a question.  I am not doing a tube shock replacement on my Midget,
but
>  why wouldn't you remove the lever shox altogether?  Wouldn't that reduce
the
>  weight considerably?  Are the lever shox required for some kind of
support?

>  I'm just curious.
>
>  Allen Hefner
>  SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
>  '77 Midget
>  '92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport
>
>  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>  In a message dated 4/10/00 5:39:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>  mvheim@studiolimage.com writes:
>
>  << Um, did you read the instructions that came with the tube shock setup?

>   You are supposed to remove the valves from the lever shocks, thus
totally
>   disabling them (making their condition irrelevant). This will be a lot
>   simpler than removing all that hardware...
>
>   Cheers,
>   Max
>
>   Jon Lind had this to say:
>
>   >I have a front tube shock conversion kit for sale.  I bought it from
Steve
>   >Darby off this list.  I'm getting rid of it because, apparently,
there's
>   >more life in my right front stock shock than my left.  As a result,
with
>  the
>   >tube shocks on, damping on the left is about right but it's way too
tight
>  on
>   >the right.  Instead of trying to figure out how to "equally disable"
the
>   >right and left girlings, I'm just going to go back to using the stock
>  setup.
>   >  I'll also throw in the cheap $15 each shocks that I bought for it. >>

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.