Re: 77B engine rebuild

To: "simon hurley" <simonsensis@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 77B engine rebuild
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 07:33:19 -0700
Simon,

In your position, I'd say the first "must remove" is the workshop manual
from the bookshelf. After that, the next "must remove" would be the idea
that a car that has not run in eight years is simply going to need a minor
engine rebuild to make it usable. There will be the matter of a fuel system
full of varnish, a brake system replete with decayed and corroded
hydraulics, an electrical system with a dead battery and corroded contacts,
etc.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center