Re: Shroud Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shroud Question
From: LBCarCoMail@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 10:27:35 EDT
Hi Bruce,

Now aware of any shroud for that year MGB, the ones that I am aware of and
sell are for the earlier cars up to 1967 as well as one for MGA's.  I have a
problem with my 71 as well and installed a blanking sleeve in place of the
thermostat during the warmer months and find that works very well.

Before doing that I also installed an electric fan that comes on at 185
degrees, which also provided a measure of cooling to the B.  (I also have an
electric fan on my Magnette, but that does not seem to really help much).

One other thing that I do on all three of my MG's is during the warmer months
I use a mixture of 25-30% anti-freeze, half bottle of Water Wetter and the
balance water.  This seems to provide better cooling over the traditional
50/50 mixture.  Been doing this now for about 5 years and very happy with it.
 I store the "winter" mixture for reuse and visa versa.  I would try both of
the above suggestions before installing a cooling fan as they are a heck of a
lot less expensive ;)

Also double check your timing and carb mixture to make sure you are not
running to lean as both these can lead to a hotter running MG.

Best regards,

Jeff Zorn
Little British Car Co., Ltd.
Visit us on the web
www.LBCarCo.com

In a message dated 4/16/00 10:03:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,