Fuel Starvation 77B

To: "mg list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Starvation 77B
From: "Andrew Proudfoot" <amproud@nf.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 18:57:30 -0230
Hello all,
Twas a proud day in Gander as the 77 rolled out of the garage, had all its
fluids changed, plugs out, turned over, plugs in, started right up!!!!!!
:-)) <VBG> Even got that great smell of burning Castrol as I had spilled a
little putting it in. All is well in the world right? Wrong. After about ~1
min she shut off as if some one had turned the key off. So much for the
grin. :-(
Best I can tell there is fuel pumping to the carbs (disconected the line and
pumped some in a cup) new gas too as the tank was drained before the body
work started, and their is spark. There is no reason that the timing would
be off. I managed to get it going again a couple of times and it ran for
about 5 minutes once with me playing with the throttle than it died the same
death.
I figure I have a piece of dirt in a carb needle? What do the experts think?
If so I have no idea how to get to such dirt. Let alone get rid of it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Safety (not so) Fast
Andy P. 77B
Gander, Nfld