latest tinkering report

To: "MG list (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: latest tinkering report
From: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 00:25:56 -0700
Hi everyone,

first off, thanks to everyone who's answered my posts over the last few
weeks.

Well today i got back from work and decided to follow the carb-oil advice
I've received. ooops that well in the piston fills up fast doesn't it. so i
carefully extracted the excess, and really felt the resistance that is meant
to be there (and wasn't). I also took the opportunity to check out the air
filter... hmmmm... i think it probably wants changing when both sides are as
dirty as the other right?   ;-)   So i put it all back together and pottered
over to the parts store (which has an amusing hit and miss selection of MGB
spares). No air filter, but the trip was fun anyway. Topping up the carb oil
has made a noticeable difference. The engine doesn't run any smoother per se
but it feels much more responsive (there are a couple of left-turns en route
which it helps to make in a snappy fashion). wow. learn a new thing every
day.

can't wait to get a new filter in.

cheers

Joe