Re: 69 mgb brakes and fuel sender/retry

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 69 mgb brakes and fuel sender/retry
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:25:12 -0400
I had the tite drum fit scenario on my Bugeye. If I recall some of
it was cured by centering the shoe assy, the rest of it I drove
with and checked wheel temp often to be safe. My guess is if you
can rotate wheel by hand a little rubbing won't hurt. Don't go on
a long hiway trip till all's well.

Wire color codes are in the wiring diagram. How you guys can keep
a LBC running without the wiring diagram and a multimeter is
beyond me. My many hats off to you.

OTW, with 2 wires find the live wire by turning on the ignition -
a live wire never goes straight to ground, (except when its the
ground side of a live side connected device). Conversely, check
for continuity to ground for both disconnected wires. If you get
continuity on both, start isolating the live side of the
electrics - battery, fuses, maybe fuel gauge. Check with a home
made continuity meter till u find one of the two wires continuous
with ground.
Now for the terminals, they may be marked (no help if u don't have
a wiring diagram), or you may find one of them continuous to
ground (usually one of the terminals is grounded by a tank
mounting screw/nut/stud) - and if there is no ground terminal,
polarity may not matter - but then its your risk, remember we are
on, in and around a gas tank. My guess is with only one wire its
gotto go to to the insulated (live) terminal.

This post is to get u diagnosing and buy a manual. The simple one
time solution is wait for a lister with the color code/connection
answer. Watch out though, the color codes, terminal markings can
be different between models.

Mike L.
60A,67E,59Bug