RE: In search of Better Brakes...

To: "'gbaker@customcpu.com'" <gbaker@customcpu.com>
Subject: RE: In search of Better Brakes...
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:51:48 -0700
Many racers use an inline pressure reducing valve to reduce rear brake
pressure, and thus the tendancy for the rear wheels to lock under heavy
braking.  These are available from any race supply store.  I have thought
about using one to prevent front brake lockup in icy conditions, something I
found was a real problem in the Austin Marina's I drove in Colorado.  I
managed to T bone a parked Ford, when I hit black ice at an intersection
once.  From then on I would grab the handbrake if I needed to make an
emergency stop.

Kelvin.