Re: Sprite brakes (was 69 mgb brakes and fuel sender/retry)

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite brakes (was 69 mgb brakes and fuel sender/retry)
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 22:25:32 -0400
Actually the only thoughts I had reassembling the rebuilt original
brake system on my Bug were how chintzy & finicky the whole
original design was - front and back. Boy, what they did to avoid
double piston cylinders! (I don't want to hear back about to the
performance advantage of two leading shoes in the front, and the
convoluted cost advantage of one sliding single piston cylinder in
the rear).

Struggled very hard with making sure the parts (springs, shoes)
from Moss were correct for the Bug. Regardless, in the end, had to
modify the shoes for the correct notches. It's been a few years
and I'm over 50 and can't remember all the small sordid details.

Three years and a thou or two miles later - a British Miracle -
the brakes are not causing any problems. And the stopping power
matches well enough the 43 HP output.

Mike L.
60A,67E,59Bug