Re: Another Timing Question

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com
Subject: Re: Another Timing Question
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 16:44:37 -0400
  With respect to #3--try to avoid loosening and tightening the clamp
bolt.  The plate that bolts to the block (Moss "Clamp & Bolt
assy--#153-400) has oval holes so you can get a fair amount of adjustment
by moving the plate. This minimises wear on the thin shell of the
distributor that is caused by adjusting with the clamp bolt.   There is a
description of this in the workshop manual, but it's not very clear and
is not emphasised.
Bob