Re: Whahappened?

To: "Chris Kotting" <ckotting@iwaynet.net>, "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Whahappened?
From: "Chuck Young" <kb7cg@anv.net>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 14:36:44 -0700
The fact that it "just died" call out real loud Electrical... could have
been a bad/dirty connection somewhere in the LT side. Has it happened
anymore? You may have fixed it just by the "extra push". If it happenes
again, I would get a can of contact cleaner from the local Radio Shack and
go thru all the connectors in the Ign. circuit and clean them up first.

Could be the coil too (even tho it was cool to the touch). I had one in a 58
A once that would go open every once in a while... no rhyme or reason...
after a few minutes it would fire right up and run perfectly. Only way I
found it was by using the shotgun approach, just started replacing
everything in the ign. circuit one at a time til the problem went away.

Good Luck

Chuck Young
'79 Midget