Re: Bent Bonnet Pix

To: eric@erickson.on.net, MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bent Bonnet Pix
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 12:24:39 EDT
In a message dated 5/4/00 10:14:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
eric@erickson.on.net writes:

<< You can imagine which option the insurance company wants to take, but I
 DO NOT WANT A STEEL BONNET.  They want to assess the car and see if I am
 really after the originality factor of the alloy bonnet - if the car is
 a rust bucket/basket case then they will insist on the steel/cheaper
 option.

 Has anyone got any good arguments I can put to the insurance assessor? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

If the car had an alloy (is it alloy or aluminum?) bonnet and it was insured
originally with that bonnet, they should pay to make it the way it was.  I
can see no argument for replacing it with steel if it was not steel when you
had the problem.

But then again, everything is upside down in Australia, so how can you keep
the bonnet closed?

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget