Re: "basket case" title? (MD)

To: arabian@allegronet.com, MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "basket case" title? (MD)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 12:24:37 EDT
arabian@allegronet.com writes:

<< According to the state of
 Maryland, I have to get the title re-issued, but thats kinda tough based
 on the availability of the person I got it from in the first place.

 Anyone have any experience with this?  I'm wondering what the procedure
 would be if I had pieced it together from a bunch of other cars (which
 is basically what it will be by the time I replace everything that needs
 replacing). >>

In PA there is a way to obtain a "salvage" title for a car that is being
ressurected from junk.  The title then has a code on it to indicate that it
was a salvaged vehicle.  I don't know what MD has, but the word salvage may
get the idea across to the people who have to attempt to give you the title.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport